Commercial and company law
Our commercial law practice assists clients in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements. We have vast experience in the preparation and delivery of legal opinions on matters including validity and enforcement of commercial contracts in light of Ethiopian law. We have served as local counsel for many foreign and multinational companies in transactions ranging from aircraft and aircraft engine leasing to financing/loan transactions in the energy sector to acquisition transactions in the brewery and other sectors. Our office has advised clients on issues related to agency and distributorship agreements; the validity and perfection of security agreements; and loan and credit facility arrangements.
Our services include:
- Advising on all contract law matters;
- drafting agency and distributorship agreements;
- advising and drafting agreements related to purchase and sale of commercial property;
- advising and drafting agreements related to the transfer of company shares;
- drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial lease agreements;
- company formation and registration;
- drafting articles and memorandum of associations for companies;
- drafting and advising on the preparation of various company minutes;
- advising and drafting partnership and joint venture agreements;
- advising and assisting clients with the preparation of annual general meetings of shareholders; and
- advising board of directors on matters pertaining to corporate governance and corporate procedures.